Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Love Me, Blame Me


Love Me, Blame Me from Darkyr Sooner is now out and in the Soundclick Alternative Top 100. As of 10-29, we stand at Alternative Overall #15, Indie (sub-generic) #4. 

I wrote this one co-terminous (roughly) with She Disowned My Life. Two models were sitting there in my mindas of autumn '95, Billy Corgan boom-time to be sure, but Oasis were finally breaking big in the States, so they were around. Looming even larger, for this one, was The Loner, from Neil Young's first, eponymous solo album. By the time I got around to recording it in NYC in '99, I worked out an arrangement which put an emphasis on some modal guitar-playing flourishes, which could take a standard rock song and exoticize it, or Spanish-ify it, what have you. 

Back to State College: most of this one worked out in Leete basement, North Halls, even though I lived in Holmes. The rock crew in Leete: Norm Fetter, Jen Stitz, Carmen Martella, were big for me at the time. Norm was Rick Wakeman's stunt-double, from Pottstown, no less, as Jen was from Doylestown. Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment