Thursday, September 15, 2022

Feel (I saw) remix: Eris Temple

 


What you see in this picture: me and two cohorts sitting in front of what functioned, for Matt Stevenson, as a console/mixing board at Eris Temple, at 52nd and Cedar in North/West Philly, as of 2006. With the success online of Feel (I saw) remix, I thought seeing this might be of some interest. Up the two steps to my right, in the picture, was a large, carpeted square space, with lines running to Matt, where I sat on the day in early August 2006 when Feel in its entirety was recorded, and did my thing. To our left: another odd rectangle of grungy basement space, leading to a staircase up to the Temple's first floor. Eris Temple Studio was a walk-down model studio, even as the carpeted space had a high window, level with street level, so that claustrophobia wasn't much of an issue. Thanks again, Matt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment