Friday, September 15, 2017

Revolution # 9


When I wrote Brown Eyes Like His in the summer of '94, I immediately placed it in my tune-smith top tier. For the rest of '94, when I would play my tunes for people, Brown Eyes could always come up. By '95 and especially by '96, I dropped it in favor of what was then newer material. It came back for the Ardent sessions in '04 because I knew the Matt Stevenson set-up was conducive to a little Incesticide-like action (which Paul Levin and Buttons Sound in NYC had not been, with their no-drums policy). Happy to say that as of today, a paean to troubled adolescence I wrote as, as the case was, a troubled adolescent, Brown Eyes Like His, sits at #9 on the Soundclick Indie chart, and # 25 on the Alternative Overall chart. Btw: this photo of me was taken at Main Street West in South Philly during the Ardent sessions, by Matt himself. I was going for a whole ragamuffin ensemble look, and it looks like I mostly nailed it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment